Using ChiMat: Designing services and ensuring appropriate access
A rich and valuable resource that informs service improvement and transformation in the area of children's and young people's health and well-being”
Service improvement specialist
“An excellent resource for any one working in health and social care in the community”
Use ChiMat to help plan and design services to meet the needs identified as priorities in your area.
ChiMat tools and data
- Access knowledge and good practice which can be applied locally to improve quality and outcomes of services
Knowledge hub key policies and guidance, sources of information, news, events calendar and eBulletins across all aspects of child and maternal health as well as themed hubs for disability, maternity, mental health and psychological well-being, obesity, safeguarding, workforce, young people and youth justice.
- Track progress of policy implementation and benchmark performance
Self-Assessment Tools - available for acute paediatric services, infant mortality, NICE Neonatal Standards and young people's mental health transitions.
- Identify priorities for investment and target resources to tackle inequalities in your area
Child health profiles - including Local Authority Child Health Profiles (pdf), Child Health Profiles, Healthy Schools Profiles, Infant Mortality Profiles and Breastfeeding Profiles.
- Get support
Local specialists tailored training and mentoring to support local needs.
Using ChiMat case study
The local challenge
- An area in the North West was trying to work out where the best locations were for its Change4Life sports clubs. The local area was struggling to find meaningful data to inform their decision-making process.
- The ChiMat local specialist layered various datasets to create a local picture. She then met with the local area to discuss the data and ensure that it was fully understood and used appropriately.
Seeing benefits locally
- The clubs which are now being set-up stand the best chance of targeting those children who will benefit most.
For more information see Using ChiMat's resources in practice: Designing services and ensuring appropriate access.